Inaudible Versification

"There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write." -William Makepeace Thackeray

Monday, September 06, 2004

The Mission

I keep on asking myself why I'm doing this?

Maybe I have some strange fear of the blank white page, that has manifested itself in the unexplainable urge to blog or maybe I just want to fill more valuable web space with whimsical ramblings.

Unfortunately it's nothing as dramatic as that. Wish is was though, would've made this post a whole lot more exciting.

Truthfully I just need a place where I can practice my writing in a format that forces me to keep on writing and not go through those lazy stages where I don't write anything for weeks. I've also noticed an almost artificial quality to my writing which I hope daily or weekly posting will improve.

The mission therefore is to: improve writing at all costs and take no prisoners while doing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger MacDara said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, hon! It might take a while to catch the bug, but when you do, you'll wonder what you ever did before you blogged :o)

1:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home