Inaudible Versification

"There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write." -William Makepeace Thackeray

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Pope Is Spinning

The hypocrisy surrounding the Pope's death is making me sick.


For years we have heard how many a world leader critique him on his conservative stances, but suddenly everyone is all teary eyed and snotty nosed, over a man they couldn't really give a gnomes nose about.


Take my favourite (insert sarcasm here) person President Bush for example, who couldn't we know was non so pleased about the Pope's words on his was in Iraq, but right the next day his was one of many adding his condolences to an every growing pile. Really if you couldn't stand him in life, don't go on live television and pretend, that you all of a sudden had a sudden change of heart and now you adore him.


I must say that each time I see one of the press conferences where this takes place I have this strange sensation that the Pope is spinning in his grave. Oh wait his hasn't been buried yet, changed that to where he is laying in state.


I don't think any Catholic is buying this either. I would feel down right insulted if all these people that didn't like the Pope in life, now wanted to cash is with some future voters, by showing solidarity with my believes.


Look I'm not saying that no leader should send out a message of condolence, the ones that supported his views can praise him all they want, they've earned the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home