Inaudible Versification

"There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write." -William Makepeace Thackeray

Saturday, September 11, 2004

I like My Politics With A Side Order Of Decency

The remembrance ceremonies today was a triumph for US politics and showed that there is still some common decency remaining in their politicians.

I rummaged around internet news sites and was pleasantly surprised. What I had expected to find was a long list of speeches by politicians, with the occasional campaign slogan thrown in the mix, reminding the grieving masses that there was still an election to focus on. Instead I found that most politicians opted to stay out of the lime light and give the day the respect it deserved.

I believe the Republicans deserve a special mention. Not one rant or rave about terrorism that was worthy of the frontpages?! I'm impressed. The speech writers must have taken the day off.

But I'm cynical, and it's still morning in the US, they might have saved their speeches for the evening.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home