Inaudible Versification

"There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write." -William Makepeace Thackeray

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Blogging Newcomers

Recently there has been an upsurge in the amount of South Africans getting into the blogging mood. With so many newcomers dipping their toes into to pools of the commentary, there seems to be some criticism over the quality of what is being posted.

Now quantity, we all know is not always better, but is it not an essential part of improving the quality of the writing?

I know from my own writing that there are some pretty dismal parts, but by writing those pieces (and in some cases rewriting) I find that I have learned from my mistakes. As I do more posting I hope to see a decline on the amount of those pieces, which I consider, deserve a fate of never seeing the light of the blogging empire again.

The important thing is that those post are there and I refer back to remind myself of where I started. They remind me what my roots are, and why I started to write in the first place.

In my opinion this is why newcomers in the blogger sphere are important. They remind every experienced blogger, where they started all those many moons ago. More importantly it also prevents a stagnation of ideas. We all know we are not posting in a vacuum. By reading those words of new bloggers we our self grow as writers and commentators, which at least in some forms enriches our own thought processes and ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home